I Need A New Butt / I Need A New Bum
A hilarious book by Dawn McMillan
You and your children will laugh your bottoms off!
Firstly – ‘Why has I Need A New Bum’ got two different titles?
‘I Need A New Butt’ is for a USA audience.
‘I Need A New Bum’ is for a UK audience.
Whichever title you choose, you will thoroughly enjoy this book right up until the very rear-end.
It’s a funny tale of a boy who thinks his bottom has actually split itself in half. Yes, he discovers that there is a huge crack down the middle of his butt/bum! Oh deary me.
We all know that children go through a phase where they LOVE talking and hearing about bottoms, farts and poo.
This entertaining book won’t let their natural curiosity about bottoms down. ‘I Need A New Bum’ will make their day, over and over again.
It’s a very innocent book that talks about farts too. We all do farts! Maybe that’s what caused this poor boys bum to split? The boy starts pondering how on earth his bum could have been split clean in two. What can he do now? The boy will take you on an adventure trying to figure out his butt / bum dilemma.
Written by Dawn McMillan. Illustrated by Ross Kinnaird.
‘I Need A New Bum’ – Will it all ‘end’ well?
You may have already seen ‘I Need A New Bum’ hysterically being read by The Scottish Granny?
Get ready for a laugh – Here it is!…
Other books about poo, bottoms and farts! – don’t ask us why, but we think that your kids will really, really LOVE them!
You may also like to check out these funny titles…
- ‘The Story of the Mole Who Knew it Was None of His Business’. By Werner Holzwarth. Illustrated by Wolf Erlbruch. First published in 1989, this is a fun classic! Which animal has pooped on this little moles head? Mole gets up one morning only to find another animal has pooed on his head! – He goes in search to find out who done it – will he get revenge?
- ‘Poo in the Zoo’. By Steve Smallman. Illustrated by Ada Grey. For children 3 – 7 years old. Your little ones will really enjoy this rhyming storybook. The animals at the zoo are pooping like crazy!
- ‘Bear’s Big Bottom’. By Steve Smallman. Illustrated by Emma Yarlett. For 3 – 7 year olds
- ‘Cock-a-doodle-poo’. By Steve Smallman. Illustrated by Florence Weiser. For 3 – 7 year olds
- ‘Poo Bum’. By author and illustrator Stephanie Blake. This little rabbit only answers ‘Poo Bum’ to everything. One day he meets the wolf. What will he say now I wonder?
- ‘Bottom Burps’ – A book about farts aka ‘bottom burps’. These farts are made by a little boys family members. His dad makes ‘bottom burps’ in the shower that sound like a boat! By Dave Cudd. Illustrated by Brendan Mauer. For children aged +3.
- ‘The Great Dog Bottom Swap’. By Peter Bently. Illustrations by Mei Matsuoka. For children under 10. The dogs all get their butt holes muddled up! How will they find the right ones?
- ‘What Is Poo’ – Very first questions and answers. An Usborne book by the author Katie Daynes. Illustrated by Marta Alvarez Miguens. A lift-the-flap book that is full of information. For ages 2 – 6. A board book of 12 pages. (The flaps may be a bit hard to open, so it’s best if an adult gently opens them first)
- ‘The Gas We Pass’ – The story of farts. By Shinta Cho. Informative, fun, and lots to giggle at. Ages +3. This book is not available everywhere, so, depending on your location, the prices can be insanely high.
- ‘The Dinosaur That Pooed’. By Tom Fletcher and Dougie Poynter. You will find this as a boxset collection, a mini library, or a series that is sold separately – The Dinosaur That Pooped… A Princess. A Planet. Christmas. A Bed. Daddy. A Rainbow. The Past. A lot!
- ‘Everyone Toots’. By Joe Rhatigan. Illustrated by Alejandro O’Kif. For ages 1 -6 years. Full of green, gassy toots that will make you hoot and hoot with laughter.
- ‘Baa Baa Smart Sheep’. By Mark and Rowan Sommerset. Quirky Turkey gets tricked by naughty Little Baa Baa – He thinks he is eating ‘smarty tablets’ that make him clever!
See our storyteller Sherry reading ‘Baa Baa Smart Sheep’ below!
Get ‘I Need A New Bum’ and – ‘I Broke My Butt’…
The follow-up by Dawn McMillan is ‘I Broke My Butt’!
Baa Baa Smart Sheep read by Sherry
Brought to you by…
What Children Really Want©