Create your very own ‘Max The Brave’ craft activity with the kids
Here’s a very easy activity to make little ‘Max The Brave’ by Ed Vere, come to life.
Here are the items that you will need to have for this easy Max The Brave character craft (We have turned this one into a fridge magnet!)
What you will need…
- Craft glue (white glue will not work on the felt and foam).
- Double sided sticky-tape.
- A pen or marker.
- Card. (I used a frozen pizza box).
- Coloured felt – yellow (eyes) black (eyebrows) purple (nose) red (cape).
- Black crepe paper (for Max’s fur).
- Two googly eyes (the ones with the wiggly pupils).
- Black craft foam sheet (for the tail, legs and arms – or just use card).
- A ribbon, optional.
- A magnet, optional.
Of course you can substitute the types of materials for other things – e.g – Just use coloured card instead of craft foam and felt!
What you need to do, in easy steps
- Draw Max’s body shape on the card – Just his head, ears and body. Cut it out. (Photo 4)
- You can make a stencil for his arms, legs and tail if you wish, and draw them onto the craft foam. Otherwise, draw them directly onto the craft foam and then cut them out. (Photo 5)
- Place a little bit of double sided sticky-tape onto his arms, legs and tail. Or do this using craft glue. (Photo 5)
- Stick the arms and legs onto Max’s body – from behind! (Photo 6) Be sure to get them in the correct position.
- Now take the crepe paper. Rip in into small bits, scrunch them up and glue them all over Max’s little body to create his fur. (Photo 7)
- Take the felt – Cut out shapes to make his yellow eyes – his black, stern eyelids – and his little purple nose. Get out the googly eyes. Use the craft glue to stick them together to form Max’s valiant looking face. (Photos 8 & 9)
- Cut out a wedge of red felt to make his superhero cape. You can also choose to give him a pretty ribbon of any colour you wish! (Photo 10)
- Glue the cape onto the back of Max. Wrap the ribbon around his neck. Glue the magnet onto the back of his head (Photo 11)
- Well done! – You now have your very own ‘Max the Brave’! (Photo 12)
Don’t worry if you don’t have all the necessary items for this craft, or if you don’t feel like doing all the cutting out and sticking. Try this idea. Why not just draw your ‘Max The Brave’ character on card, then you can cut him out and colour him to your liking!
Ed Vere illustrates such loveable characters with big personalities. Beautiful stories accompany these characters. Full of friendship and kindness. They capture the attention of small children right away. Here are some other books by Ed Vere to look out for…
You’ll also find that there are bright, colourful and adorable board books by Ed Vere that parents love among their little ones book collection…
- Max and Bird
- Max at Night
- How to be a Lion
- Everyone’s Sleepy
- Everyone’s Little
- Everyone’s Noisy
- Everyone’s Hungry
- Chick: Which is a lovely pop-up book!
- Too Noisy
Books by Ed Vere on Amazon:
Checkout Ed Vere books on ‘BOOK DEPOSITORY’ too!
It has free delivery worldwide!