Make your own slime!
I’ve been wanting to try my hand at making slime for a while – so today was the day I set about this easy-peasy mission – what could go wrong!?…
Slime making recipe
These are the quick and easy steps to follow in order to make your own home-made slime:
- Place one cup of white wood glue into a bowl
- Stir in a cup of warm water. The measurements don’t have to be exact, it will still work
- You can add food colouring – about 8 – 10 drops or until you reach your desired colour
- Stir 1 teaspoon of borax powder into half a cup of hot water and stir until it has dissolved.
- Tip the borax solution on to the glue and water mix, and stir it, then start to knead it
- Keep kneading the mixture until it comes together. It is supposed to form a gooey, slimy mass – mine turned into a consistency between scrambled eggs and old rubber! ( I guess I used too much borax in both attempts – I don’t want to sound negative – but my slime making days are over!)
The recipe came from the fantastic book ‘The Ultimate Book of Kid Concoctions’ – we have the buying options below – along with some other fantastic books from the Kid Concoctions series, and others!
How to make your own slime!
See my attempt at making slime, at the end of this Post…
- The Ultimate Book of Kid Concoctions
- The Ultimate Book of Kid Concoctions 2
- The Ultimate Book of Holiday Kid Concoctions
- Kid’s Crazy Concoctions – 50 Mysterious Mixtures for Art and Crafts Fun
- Kid’s Concoctions and Contraptions
- Super Science Concoctions – 50 Mysterious Mixtures for Fabulous Fun
Get these books creatively fabulous books on Amazon!…
Using Borax in slime…
Is borax safe to use for making slime?
Watch this video by Steve Spangler to learn the real facts about using borax…
But please use slime carefully. Do not handle slime for long amounts of time. Don’t let any children play with slime for extra long periods of time! Keep it away from your eyes and mouth.
I had my hands on this borax made slime for about 30mins. My hands were very dry afterwards. There was no burning sensation at all. Borax is used in many products under different names with no issues.