Yummy banana and raisin cake
This delicious banana and raisin cake will be a sure winner with your kids
This cake banana and raisin cake is moist and oh so good. You can eat it sliced, spread with a little butter if you like – We personally prefer it without – as ‘operation bikini’ is still in effect.
Here’s our easy to follow recipe for…
Banana and Raisin Cake
- 75g butter
- 100g brown sugar
- 1 table spoon honey or golden syrup
- 1 rounded teaspoon of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 medium, ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 150g wholemeal flour
- 100g white self-raising flour
- 100g raisin (or sultanas)
Prepare the oven – gas mark 4, 180ºC. Position shelf in the centre.
Grease a medium loaf tin or line it with grease-proof paper (of course you can use a rounded cake tin too)
Now get ready to do the mixing – do you dare to let the kids help?!
- Beat the butter with the sugar until it is light and fluffy
- Beat in the egg
- Mash in the bananas and mix well
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, and salt. (If your mix is looking a bit dry, then stir in a tablespoon of water)
- Now mix in the raisins/sultanas
Put the banana and raisin cake into the oven and let it bake for 1 – 1 1/4 hours approx.
Test it with a skewer – it should come out clean and not gooey. Leave this yummy banana and raisin cake in the tin for about 10 minutes, then let it cool on a wire tray.
Let us know how it went down!
Tip for parents – this cake is even yummier with a cup of your favourite tea, your feet up and the kids in bed!
Feeling adventurous – go on and make some fairy cakes – jump to our recipes for Fairy cakes, Queen Cakes, Cherry Cakes and Butterfly Cakes!
This ‘BANANA & RAISIN CAKE’ Blog Post is brought to you by…
What Children Really Want©